Before testing the game, we strongly recommend to watch this tutorial video
1. The concept – multiplayer tower defense game. Player needs to protect his/her base, but at the same time attack and conquer his/her enemy.
2. Launch the game (single player – against the computer AI, or multiplayer, against a real opponent in the Multiplayer tab)
3. Understand the GUI
4. See the map layout – you and your enemy
5. Click on the defense icon to be able to build some towers
6. Build the towers on the map so you cover the whole area (remember your opponent will by trying to set his waypoints in a way to avoid your defense). He will definitely be looking for you weakest points.
7. To raise your income per second, build a mine icon on the pink spot on the map.
8. Build the units using the tank tab and then by taping on the unit.
9. As soon as you are ready to attack, click on the attack button, then set the waypoints for the units you are about to send from your gates.
10. Add units in the attack tab into a specific gate, by tapping on the units in the lower line. Selected units will automatically go to the above line. You can select one of four gates by tapping on the gate letters.
11. Once you are ready for attacking, you are good to go. By tapping on the big gate button (D button on the picture), you send units only from that specific gate. If you tap the button underneath, all the units from all the gates will be sent at once.
12. By destroying enemy towers, hitting enemy base or killing enemy units, you get skill points. Getting enough of skill points, will give you an access to various upgrades in the Upgrade tab. This way you can get an access to stronger units and towers and are more likely to win the game.
13. Repeat the actions shown above (defend, attack, upgrade), defend your base and conquer your opponent.
Tips and tricks:
- Watch your income, focus at one thing at a time. Especially in the beginning. Either build a solid defense before attacking, or try to surprise your enemy by a quick attack.
- Each weapon has two modes of attack. This helps you to optimize your defense, based on the type of the attack made by your opponent.
- Read the description of all the units and towers available on Age of Defenders Wiki